শুক্রবার, ২ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

Should you buy a home near a TV tower or high voltage power lines?

A few years ago, I was showing a house in Potomac, Maryland, a Washington, DC suburb, when I noticed a stack of brochures on the antique dining room table.? They were reprints of a paper saying that high density power lines were totally harmless.? And then I noticed that this listing agent of this beautiful home was none other than the wife of the chief lobbyist for the power companies trade association.

Oh, and the home was on a lot that backed up to what's sometime called a "power park", a row of many high powered electrical lines.?

Before that, I'd not really thought there might be safety issues, real or not.? Then I had a string of buyers who passed on great houses and condos near either power lines or towers.

Now, I am certainly now an expert on health physics, and I do not have the knowledge to know one way or another whether or not it's safe to live under power lines or next to a television tower, but I do know that there are some buyers who will not consider a house that is near either power lines or radio or television towers.?

So I look at this type of location as just one more thing for people to think about.? It's like living on a busy street or across from a gas station.? When you are buying a home, you might not care.? You might even be able to get a great price.? But keep in mind that when it is time to sell, you might wind up getting a price lower than what one would pay for a similar home without the power/tower issues.

?

?If you are planning a move to or from the Washington, DC area, I can help!? I am licensed in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.? Email me at Housepat@mac.com, or call 202-549-5167

SEARCH ALL LISTINGS IN THE DC METRO AREA

?

Source: http://activerain.com/blogsview/3498899/should-you-buy-a-home-near-a-tv-tower-or-high-voltage-power-lines-

st patricks day st. bonaventure ira glass march madness swain match day nene

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন